McFall, GentryCo., MO.
McFall was laid out by the Western Improvement Company in the fall of 1879, the plat of the town being filed on the 8th of October. It is located on the southeast quarter of Section 1, township 61, range 30 (west), on the Wabash Railroad. Hamilton & Phillips, of Bethany, Harrison County, Missouri, built the first house in the town. F. M. Brown, from Daviess County, Missouri, furnished the lumber, having at that time just established himself in the lumber business at McFall. Several buildings were commenced at or about the same time. Among these was an office built by Mr. Brown.
The town of McFall received its name from John McFall, Sr., who owned the land where this town is located. He settled here about 1843 and later went to Phoenix, Arizona, where he died in 1893.
McFall is a thriving town of 447 population. All business found in the average town is here represented. The town is noted for its good schools and its progressive and enterprising spirit of its citizens.
History of Gentry & Worth Counties, Missouri, National History Company, Saint Joseph, Missouri 1882
History of Daviess and Gentry Counties, Missouri, Gentry County by R. M. McCammon and Mary McCammon Hillman, Historical Publishing Company, Topeka-Indianapolis 1922.
Back to "Cities & Towns"
Back to main page
Since 28 October 1997, you are the [an error occurred while processing this directive] visitor to this site.
Larry Flesher, Washington County, MO  firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was installed on 28 Oct 97 and last updated on 28 Oct 97.